The Community Engagement Specialist (CES) will work in the community to assist individuals with serious mental illness, substance use, and co-occurring or co-existing disorder(s) who are at risk of psychiatric hospitalization or commitment. The CES will engage and collaborate with all available community resources to prevent involuntary commitment, improve community integration, and promote recovery by addressing the often complex needs of eligible individuals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the liaison between client and family, therapist, and psychiatrist.
- Participates with treatment case management and discharge planning of clients.
- Participates as a member of the WV Health Home initiative team for enrolled clients.
- Works with clients in transition from hospital to community to assure that all needs are met.
- Links clients with community resources to meet needs and prevent re-hospitalization.
- Maintains a caseload of 25 to 30 clients.
- Arranges for transport for clients to medical and follow up appointments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field. Ability to communicate with diverse population of people including clients, therapists, and psychiatrists. Ability to work flexible hours.
Highland Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.