Advance Healthcare @UC, the unique healthcare program offering primary care, behavioral health treatment and pharmacy services, is set to host their next First-Class Health Education: 101 health workshop.
Advance Healthcare @UC is an exciting partnership between Highland Behavioral Health Services, Inc, (Process Strategies) and the University of Charleston that opened in September 2014.
We are thrilled to announce that Highland Behavioral Health Services, Inc has partnered with Mental Health Matters, WV for our next workshop.
The next workshop is scheduled for Monday, September 19, 2016 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the University of Charleston’s Appalachian Room.
The topic will be: Hearts, Minds and Futures: A Discussion of Juvenile Justice, Mental Health Care and Education in West Virginia.
This workshop has assembled some very knowledgeable panelists to lead the discussion.
- Dr. Michael Brumage- Executive Director, Kanawha-Charleston Health Department
- Karen Cummings- WV School Psychologists Association
- Dr. Michael Martirano- State Superintendent, WVDE
- Jason Nicholas- Assistant Public Defender- Kanawha County- (tentative)
- Cynthia Persily- CEO, Highland Hospital
- Judge Joanna Tabit- Kanawha County Circuit Judge
- Dr. Carol Smith- Professor, Marshall University Graduate College, Counseling Department
- Karen Yost- CEO, Prestera Center
Sponsors for this workshop include: Mental Health Matters, WV, Sisters of St. Joseph Health & Wellness Foundation, American Civil Liberties Union of WV, Our Children, Our Future Campaign, National Association of Social Workers-WV, Highland Hospital, WV Center on Budget and Policy, and American Friends Service Committee.
THE EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-444-5917.
You can also call 304-348-1417 to RSVP or if you have any questions.