The Highland Health Center, which is a 16-bed Detox and Substance Abuse Unit at Highland, is in search of a full-time Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) for evening and weekend shifts.
The BHT works under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse and is responsible for monitoring and reporting patient behaviors and assisting in daily care, crisis situations, and medical emergencies as needed as an integral part of the multidisciplinary team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a constant awareness and supervision of patients including attending gym/yard activities, crafts/art/group/recreation therapies and out trips as assigned; alert and aware of potential safety problems at all times; alleviates any safety issue discovered by self, if appropriate, or by notifying appropriate persons for assistance as necessary.
- Follows Highland Hospital policies and procedures including personnel, nursing, and administrative policies; maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Serves as a positive role model for patients and peers, providing examples of appropriate behaviors, effective communication, and conflict resolution; encourages open, honest communication to facilitate problems solving on the unit.
- Charts in patient records as appropriate and/or assigned; individual is self-motivating and assists with unit cleaning, organization of new admit charts, filing, etc.; initiates patient/employee incident reports.
- Actively participates in unit therapeutic activities according to program schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Relevant work experience preferred. Ability to work flexible hours/all shifts.
Highland Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.