Highland Health Center is in search of a full-time Activities Therapy Aide for day and evening shifts.
Highland Health Center is the 7-day detoxification and substance abuse recovery unit of Highland Hospital.
Conducts comprehensive recreational therapy services designed to facilitate the psycho-social rehabilitation of psychiatric patients in an acute psychiatric health care facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orients patients to the activities program, explaining the benefits of the activities.
- Assists with activity planning by offering new activity ideas; has the ability to plan and lead all activities.
- Maintains an awareness of patient’s needs and individual goals while motivating patients towards activities which are beneficial to them.
- Interacts and devotes time specifically to the patients for the duration of activity.
- Documents hours of patient attendance and participation in A. T. activities daily on A. T. flow sheet and marks attendance sheets, adding or deleting patients as admitted or discharged.
- Self-motivating-does not need to be reminded of specific or general duties by peers or supervisor, filling in for others willingly when needed; works well and cooperates with staff in other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience working with people in an activity, supportive, or service capacity.
Highland Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.