Highland Hospital is in search of a full-time pharmacy technician.
Works under direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist to prepare, package, and distribute medications for hospitalized patients.
- Logs physician orders onto pharmacy patient profiles accurately and evaluates new orders for problems and/or error.
- Calculates the supply of medications and fills medication carts in a timely manner, error free, for daily cart exchange.
- Screens physicians’ orders as received and prepares medications to be dispensed to unit.
- Verifies accuracy, perpetual count on controlled substances through complete and accurate documentation of each dispensing.
- Handles non-professional calls to or from patients and physicians’ offices.
- Tracks and verifies accountability of medications at all times.
- Uses computer system to unit dose medications, and place daily orders of medications for pharmacy stock.
- Performs all pharmacy billings accurately, in a timely manner.
- Retrieves all recalls medications from pharmacy and nursing units, as per policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. State certification and experience in a hospital pharmacy preferred.
Highland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.