Highland Hospital is in search of a full-time cook to work in our Dietary Services Department.
Responsibilities include preparation of meals according to the menus planned by the Registered Dietitian, food service to patients and employees, and cleaning the department and equipment utilizing proper infection control procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans individual cooking schedule so that all foods for regular and therapeutic menus and special functions will be properly cooked and ready at appropriate time.
- Assembles items needed for preparation from low temperature storage units and storerooms.
- Follows recipes and portioning procedures to prepare meats/entrees, gravies, casseroles, vegetables, soups, salads, and deserts for daily menu.
- Tastes all food during preparation to ascertain if foods are seasoned and cooked correctly; makes adjustments to seasoning and cooking time as necessary.
- Sets up steam table in such a way to make them attractive and easily served in standardized portions; labels food according to modification.
- Monitors serving line.
- Keeps cooking area in kitchen clean and orderly, and transports trash to dumpster.
- Performs cleaning and sanitation duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. One year of cooking experience preferred. Ability to read and interpret instructions, documents and follow procedures. Ability to operate dishwasher, stoves, ovens, mixers and other related equipment. Ability to assist or lift up to 100 pounds.
Highland Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.