Individual will perform housekeeping tasks in an assigned area of the hospital. Will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining Hospital and outpatient building’s housekeeping needs. An attractive, orderly, safe and sanitary environment must be maintained at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keeps premises of Hospital in a clean and orderly condition.
- Cleans hospital rooms, baths, laboratories, offices and halls. Utilizes buffers, scrubbers, sweepers and carpet cleaning equipment as necessary.
- Washes bed frames, brushes mattresses and remakes beds after dismissal of patients, when applicable.
- Keeps utility and storage rooms in neat and orderly conditions.
- Operates commercial washers and dryers.
- Distributes laundered articles and linens to various departments.
- Ensures that an adequate amount of supplies are available before beginning cleaning processes.
- Sets up tables and chairs in various rooms as needed.
- Removes trash, etc., from various rooms as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions, documents, and follow procedures. Housekeeping experience preferred.
Highland Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.