The primary responsibilities of the individual include accuracy audits for billing, patient benefit verification, data entry, and other clerical duties as assigned for all Highland companies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates/retrieves billing folders daily for Highland companies.
- Reviews and determines accuracy of billing folder including, but not limited to: demographics, insurance and billing data.
- Corrects and sends documented errors to Billing Manager.
- Verifies patient benefits and document appropriately.
- Retrieves/verifies authorization for service is completed for fund sources that require it.
- Performs data entry of information into billing system.
- Refers unusual or difficult account situations to Billing Manager.
- Maintains patient billing files in an organized manner.
- Adheres to all applicable company policies, governmental regulation, and policies regarding patient privacy including HIPAA.
- Upholds highest level of customer service, be a team player, and have a strong work ethic.
- Answers calls, voice mail, and correspondence in a timely and courteous manner.
- Participates in staff development activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience in medical/psychiatric billing and Accounts Receivable follow-up required. CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding experience preferred. Typing skills of 40 wpm. 10 key proficient.
Highland Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.