Performs data entry and provides billing and clerical support to the billing department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keys Professional services, pharmacy, and room & board charges into billing system while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Posts private pay and third party payments to patient accounts.
- Obtains payer authorizations.
- Prepares daily deposits.
- Provides clerical support to billing staff and accounts receivable manager.
- Assists in preparation of special reports as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Strong computer skills. Strong attention to detail. Six – twelve months data entry experience. Experience working in a health care environment. Knowledge of CPT, ICD9, and Medical terminology a plus.
Highland Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.